Sunny Fresco is 100% Organic, want to know why?
Here are five reasons.
1. Organic Products must be free of artificial food additives. This includes artificial sweeteners, preservatives, coloring, flavoring and monosodium glutamate (MSG).
2. Organically grown crops tend to use natural fertilizers like manure to improve plant growth, which tends to improve soil quality and the conservation of groundwater. Animals raised organically are also not given antibiotics or hormones.
3. Organic plants do not rely on chemical pesticide sprays to protect themselves. Instead, they produce more of their own protective compounds, namely antioxidants. Several studies have found that organic foods generally contain higher levels of antioxidants and certain micronutrients, such as vitamin C, zinc, and iron. One study also found that organically grown berries and corn contained 58% more antioxidants and up to 52% higher amounts of vitamin C.
4. Organically grown crops have also been shown to have lower levels of nitrate. In fact, studies have shown that nitrate levels are 30% lower in these crops. High nitrate levels are linked to an increased risk of certain types of cancer.
5. Healthy soils contain a huge diversity of microorganisms, and it is these organisms that are responsible for the plant's nutrient uptake, health, and the stability of the entire ecosystem. The wide-scale adoption of industrial agriculture practices has decimated soil microbes responsible for transferring these minerals to the plants. One of the primary reasons food doesn't taste as good as it used to is also related to the deterioration of mineral content. The minerals actually form the compounds that give the fruit or vegetable its flavor. All of these issues go back to the health of the soil in which the food is grown.
There are many other reasons why we love Organic and we will be talking more about it. If you have any comments or questions, please feel free to share with us.