Chickpeas pressure cooked in onion tomato gravy.
Popular Indian gravy made with chickpeas in a pressure cooker.
Using our Syrian brother's Spice Blends To enjoy this Recipe is Easy!
Simply replace all spices in this recipe with 1 or 2 tablespoons of Syrian Brothers Falafel Spice Blend or Syrian Brothers Chicken Spice Blend.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 medium onion ground to paste
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 3 medium tomatoes ground to paste
- salt to taste
- 1 cup chana soaked overnight
- 2 cups of water
- 1/2 tsp Kasuri methi crushed (Kasuri methi are dried fenugreek leaves)
- Use our Syrian Brothers Falafel Spice Blend.
- Soak the chana overnight in enough water.
- saute the onion paste till brown.
- Further, add ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell leaves.
- Add tomato paste, salt and fry till the tomatoes are well cooked.
- Add Syrian Brothers Falafel Spice Blend or Syrian Brothers Chicken Spice Blend.
- cook in simmer until oil leaves from the masala.
- At this stage, drain and add the soaked chana, salt, enough water and mix well.
- pressure cook for 8-10 whistles on medium-high heat.
- open and take out a few chana along with masala. grind it coarsely.
- add the ground paste back into the cooker along with crushed Kasuri methi. mix well.
- give it a boil and put off the stove. serve it hot!