Syrian Brothers Meat Spice Blend
Glass Jar. Net Wt: 3.61 oz
This blend was given to Abdul, the middle brother by his father after many years of asking him for it. He tells me that every time he traveled to Syria to see his family, he would ask his father for the recipe, and his father would just ignore him. Until one day, when he was very old, he came to visit them to Brooklyn, and after he saw what his sons have built in the Brooklyn store, he stood up and started making the blend with his own hands right in front of their eyes, and writing in a small book, how many ounces of each spice should be used in order to achieve the original Syrian flavor all three brothers were craving for.
This spice blend is a family treasure for Abdul and his brothers, and I'm sure it will be for you as well.
Our Abdul special meat spice blend is one of our most treasured exclusive spice blends. Wonderful for any meat dish from kebobs to stews, a strong blend with character.
Organic Cumin, Organic Cloves, Organic black pepper, organic cayenne pepper, Organic Allspice, Organic coriander, Organic white pepper, Organic cloves, Organic Nutmeg, Organic ginger, Organic cardamom, Organic garlic.
Syrian Brothers Spice Blend: Spice Mix used to season Meat or Lamb with the Middle Eastern flavor of the popular street food. Salt-Free.
Syrian Brothers Spices are grown and sun-dried, without pesticides, irradiation, and GMOs. There are no additives, fillers, or preservatives, just fresh spices.
How to make Beef Kofta
Kofta kebab recipe is one of the more popular dishes. A mixture of ground beef and lamb, blended with onions, garlic, parsley, and Middle Eastern spices.
1. Chop onions garlic and parsley in a food processor.
2. Add ground beef, lamb, bread (make sure to squeeze out any water out of the bread), and Syrian Brothers Meat Spice Blend. Run the processor and run again until the meat mixture is well combined.
3. Remove the meat mixture from the food processor and place in a large bowl. Take a fistful portion of the meat mixture and mold it on a wooden skewer. Repeat the process.
Be sure each kofta kebab is about 1 inch in thickness, this is best for grilling.
4. Grill over medium-high heat for 4 minutes on one side, turn over and grill for another 3-4 minutes (total of 7-8 minutes.)
5. Serve the kofta kebabs with pita bread, tahini, and fixings (tomato wedges, onions, more parsley).
*Note: If you’re using wooden skewers, be sure to soak them for 30 minutes to 1 hour before using so they don’t catch on fire.
- 1 medium yellow onion, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 whole bunch parsley, stems removed (about 2 packed cups parsley leaves)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb ground lamb
- 1 slice of bread, toasted until browned and soaked in water until fully tender
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Syrian Brothers Meat Spice Blend
- Pita bread to serve